O lads, ye shud only seen us gannin', We pass'd the foaks upon the road just as they wor stannin';

<bgsound src="NAME OF FILE"></bgsound>

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Unthanks

Thinking about the upcoming Blaydon Races day (Nineth of June) I remembered hearing the Unthanks on the BBC program Sunday Folk. So I got their latest cd. Here's the Tender Coming. Never heard such soulful renditions of classic Newcastle Songs. Not only classics but also great new pieces with interesting topics. The music is Jazz and art song flavored with many styles represented so it would be good for a gathering. Highly recommended. Here is a youtube interview. I also added a link to my book of Tommy Armstrong songs- sales keep me going. Want a good traditional teatime with your music- then try my cookbook. You don't have to be Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment